Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4 HOUR BODY WEEK 1

Monday marked the end of week 1 of my 4-Hour Body Diet.  I followed the diet pretty closely.  The only thing I ate that Tim Ferris did not include in his book was ground turkey.  It has always been such a staple in my diet and it's so easy to cook that I used it as my protein source in my 2 lunches.  I also didn't try out the ice packs, although I did drink ice water every morning.  Here is how my meal plans and work outs stacked up:

*Please see my previous post for my starting weight and measurements*

6:30 AM WAKE UP/MORNING:
1 tall glass of ice water
kettle bell swings
planks, cat vomit abs (or whatever it was he called them)
2 eggs
1/2 cup lentils + a little bit of spinich (not a huge spinach fan)

11 AM
ground turkey
lentils
some kind of no-salt-added beans
broccoli
spinich
hot sauce

3 PM
ground turkey
lentils
no-salt-added beans
broccoli
spinish
balsamic vinegar

*3 days last week I also did an hour of turbo kick boxing.  I love it too much to give it up.
  I burns about 600 calories per each class.

7 PM
ground turkey or sliced chicken breast
romaine lettuce
oil and balsamic vinegar


Prior to starting the diet I weighted 124.6 lbs.  You can find all of my measurements in a previous post.  After my workout on Saturday, I had dropped to 119 lbs.  I haven't seen 119 lbs for 2 years!!!  I know that I was dehydrated and had only eaten breakfast that day, but it was still very exciting.  I've weighed myself in similar situations and, like I said, I haven't seen 119 in 2 years!! That was very exciting.  Sunday was my binge day.  We had some friends over for a BBQ.  I ate eggs, refried beans, and lentils for breakfast.  I also did my kettle bell swings and abs before breakfast.  Once the BBQ started I gorged on chips and guacamole, chips and mango salsa, and 2 Corona Lights.  I was so full from the chips and dip (I ate A LOT) that I could only eat a couple bites of a burger. 

I didn't want to do my weigh-in/measurements on Monday immediately following my gorge day on Sunday.  I waited till Tuesday to weight myself and take some quick measurements.

MEASUREMENT AFTER 1 WEEK OF 4-HOUR BODY:
Weight: 122.0 lbs = down 2.2 lbs
Largest part of waist: 33.0" = down 0.5"
Smallest part of waist: (didn't have time to measure this)
Hips at largest part: (didn't have time to measure this)
Upper arm diameter: 10.0" = down 1.5"
Upper thigh diameter: 22" = same

After 1 week, I've lost 2.2 lbs and a total of 2 inches, mostly coming from my arms.  Although I would love to see very dramatic results, I've heard of people losing over 6 lbs in the first week and more inches in their waist.  Those people, however, probably have a lot more weight to lose than I do.

My favorite part of this week was seeing 119 on the scale, even though it's not my true weight yet.  I also enjoyed seeing definition in my arms on Saturday morning at my kick boxing class.

Anyone have any suggestions for further results?  I'm going to start doing the ice packs and see if there is any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment