Monday, May 9, 2011

MY DIET AND WORKOUT ROUTINE PRIOR TO STARTING DIET

I haven't taken weight loss/maintinence seriously for a couple of years.  I work out a few times a week, but that seems to only keep me from ballooning.  I sit in front of a computer all day at work, so my movement during the day except when I'm at the gym is pretty limited.  I feel that I eat very well during the week but I blow it pretty bad during the weekend. I am not overweight but I would like to be more fit, and feel better in a swim suit.  Here is an example of my diet + workout routine during a weekday:

WEEKDAY:
Breakfast:
2 eggs
drip coffee + 1/2 cup milk

Mid-Morning Snack:
drip coffee + 1/2 cup milk
8oz water
banana

Lunch:

1 1/2 cup green beans
4 oz chicken breast
8oz water

Mid-Afternoon Snack:
Strawberries (however many fit into a Ziploc sandwich bag)
Non-fat plain greek-yogurt (80 calories)
8oz water


Dinner:
Large salad with ground lean turkey, black beans, tomatoes, non-fat sour cream and salsa
1/2 whole wheat pita (70 calories)
Glass of non-fat milk

Exercise:
3-days/week: 1 hour of cardio: turbo kick boxing or running + some abs, pushups and leg/gluts work

*Of course this shows my ideal weekday meals and workout routine.  This does not take into account when I have a chocolate craving, carb craving, etc.



WEEKEND:
Friday:
Meals: like any other weekday
Drinks: at least 5-7 light beers or the equivalent vodka+soda
*Possible 2am burrito

Saturday:
Breakfast:
Omlet at restaurant (sometimes I'll opt for the eggs benedict depending on how hungover I am)
Hashbrowns
Toast + jam
coffee + cream
water

Lunch/Dinner:
1 sushi roll

Drinks: at least 5-7 light beers or the equivalent vodka+soda
*Possible 2am burrito / hot dog / etc

Sunday:

Breakfast:
Omlet at restaurant (sometimes I'll opt for the eggs benedict depending on how hungover I am)

Hashbrowns
Toast + jam
coffee + cream
water

Lunch/Dinner:
Mexican chicken tostada with sour cream and guacamole
10 oz juice

Snack:
Frozen yogurt with toppings of nuts and fruit


Basically I blow it pretty bad on the weekends.  I drink, eat out a lot, and sometimes eat at 2am...

No comments:

Post a Comment